Seriously Single: SA Movie Review

Hi Guys 😀

Yesterday I had the privilege to watch Seriously Single before it hits South African cinemas on the 1st of May. The movie is South African (if you didn't know), written by Lwazi Mvusi and directed by Katleho Ramaphakela and Rethabile Ramaphakela.



It stars Fulu Mugovhani (Dineo), Tumi Morake (Noni), Yonda Thomas (Max) and Bohang Moeko (Lunga) 

Without giving away too much the movie  centres around Dineo, who can't seem to be "single". She dates to fall in love. She falls in love to get married. But she never gets married. She always ends up dumped, through all of that it's also about two friends trying to find their version of love: romantic love, love as friends and self-love.

Before I mention the good, I'm quickly going to mention that this movie didn't need to be this long. The redundancy of certain points was unnecessary and it became predictable. That took away from the film. 

Moving on to the good, this movie was fun to watch if you ignore the runtime. The comedy worked, the acting worked, excluding that cringe acting from the white man (you'll see when you watch the movie) and even the story worked. As much as it's not a new story and the way it was told wasn't anything new, it still worked and it was enjoyable. I would have appreciated it if there was something new or a different perspective of this type of movie because it was going to add more value to the story and give me something new. 

What I liked about this movie is that it wasn't trying to be more than what it is. It explored social media and relationships (romantic, friends and family) without being too deep about it.

I would recommend that you go out with your girls and watch this film. You'll have a good time and some good laughs. 

I'm not going to touch much on the technicalities because there will always be something to improve and my full review in May will include that. 

Please share this review so many people know about this film and watch it. 
For more South African movie reviews please check out: www.youtube.com/c/NqanaweLIVE

You can connect with me on social media:    @AyandaBeing 

My podcast Ayanda Being in Conversation is available on Spotify, iTunes, Google Podcasts, Anchor FM. 

#GoSeeSAFilms

Take care ❤️

Comments

  1. Now I'm keen on watching it coz if you say it's fun then I trust that it really is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad it will now be shown on Netflix 🖤👍🏽Big ups to SA films!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Uncovered: Movie Review

Commit to yourself

#NoSnooze2020