What Have You Been Up To?

Hi Fam,

How have you been? 

This is not a serious blog post, so you can relax. I just realised that we have been in lockdown since the 27th of March and I haven't been that active on the blog as I assumed I will. The purpose of this blog post is to catch up and let you in on what I have been up to. 

I do want to mention that there is nothing wrong if you decided to chill and do nothing. These have been unprecedented times and everyone has been doing their best to cope and adjust. We shall not judge how people chose to deal with this time. I know it has not been easy, I for one, really missed going to the movies. I know there are movies in the house but it's not the same. I think the biggest thing that really affected people is freedom to just be. The freedom to be at home because it's your choice - we are creatures of free will and that not being available to us can have negative impacts.

When the lockdown started there were so many challenges and I remember at some point being annoyed by viral challenges because it just felt like it was too much but I was wrong. It was wrong of me and others who shared the same feelings/opinions as me to have those opinion because as I mentioned earlier, we have never experienced this before and it is honestly not my business or my place to be concerned by what other people are doing to cope. As long as someone is not hurting anyone while doing something they enjoy, we should not be concerned. Life can get too much sometimes and having that one thing that helps you cope is important. I am interested in hearing what you guys did during this period and how it has impacted your life. 



It might seem like I did a lot but trust me, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary in my life. It was alterations here and there.

1. I joined a fitness class - I usually workout on my own and it was so good to have someone be in charge and guide me throughout the workouts. I was also able to workout for 45mins +. I am a lazy person and when I am working out by myself I don't push myself so much as I did in this class. It was so fun it made me consider joining a gym (not going to happen) haha. The class is now available on times when I am not available - that sucks.

2. I did a 21 Day Gratitude Challenge - this is nothing out of the ordinary for me but it was great to come with new things to be grateful for everyday. It also happened at a time when I was not so motivated with how the lockdown was affecting certain things in my life.  I enjoyed it.

3. I changed my hair colour - I had an entire dramatic journey on my WhatsApp anticipating this new 
adventurous thing in my life and I was really excited to do it. This is the most I have done to my hair and I am really glad that I did not chicken out. My hair looks good. 

4. I tried rice water - I don't think this was going to happen if I did not dye my hair. It was a risk however I am glad I did it. I have only done it once and I am still doing my research on it just to make sure that I do not damage my beautiful dreadlocks.

5. Last but not least, I now have a skincare routine - Nivea sent me some products and I have been following the instructions on using them since the 24th of May. This is a first  - I have never used 1 brand and had a proper routine before. I do it every morning and every night. To be honest with you, it is tiring, well at least for me because maybe I am not used to it. I am going to persevere though for as long as I can.

That's a bit of what I have gotten up to so far. Let me know what you got up to if you did do anything, if you did not, what are you looking forward to?

Thank you so much as always for reading my blog (I love it so much), if you liked it, please subscribe and share it with others who might be interested.

Stay Awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncovered: Movie Review

Commit to yourself

#NoSnooze2020