Uncovered: Movie Review

Hello Awesomers! 😀


I did say that I will upload everything I like, have an opinion on and everything in between right?

Just one little spoiler ahead 🙃🙃

I went to watch Uncovered which is a South African film directed by Zuko Nodada. It stars Nqobile Khumalo, Thandeka Nodada, Robert Hobbs, Sthandiwe Kgoroge and Dumisani Mbebe amongst others.

I don't want to lie, I really loved the story/concept, in the film industry no matter how amazing your concept is, execution is key and this movie didn't do a stellar job in that part. I had problems with the film's technicalities, acting and some sloppiness here and there. I love dope concepts, even though this is not 100% original, I am impressed with the fact that they went ahead and did it. The dialogue wasn't amazing and the lead actress.... Hmm let's just say they could have found someone else.

Thandeka Nodada is a good actress and I can't believe I haven't seen her before. She was only on the screen for a short time but from what I saw, she is really good. I am looking forward to see more of her acting and if I can get a hold of her then she will be in one of the movies I'll work on in the future.

With all that said, I believe that this is a very important story to tell. It is a South African story and I love how they made the informant take back their power by confessing. To me it said, the many issues we are having in our country are because of secrets and blackmail.

Many people Black and White benefited and still continue to benefit from the ills of apartheid. Our people are still suffering. When they say the truth will set you free what happened towards the end of Uncovered is what they mean. South Africa needs the truth and people who have been continuing to destroy our country need to be punished for that.

Not all government workers are corrupt, even though the darkness is too much there is always a little light and that light needs us to hold on.

Uncovered really assured something I believe about our movie industry: we have brilliant stories to tell and we can. If you ignore the bad acting here and there, few mistakes and technicalities, Uncovered is a really good story that we must see. To remind ourselves of where we come from and where we are in a way.



If you get a chance, please go watch it.

NqanaweLIVE will do a review here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpQObNuy5vUuiyGGopVfwMQ

I will update as soon as it's up. In the meantime, please watch the film and share your experience.


Stay Awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commit to yourself

#NoSnooze2020